August 25, 2009

Makeover - Kitchen Windows

It's been a busy several weeks around here. Kids are back in school, Mr. CHiPy's back to work, and me?

hmmm....

I'm home alone!

So, I've been trying to keep myself busy and I came across these valances in my stash of fabric and tried them on the kitchen window.


{hey...there's Mr. CHiPy's smoothie station. He taught Little Man how to make a mean tasting smoothie by adding sugar free syrup}

Now I just need help in picking a paint color for the walls. If you click on the picture you can see the several colors I've already sampled without success.

I'm thinking about painting those cabinets instead because I really don't like pine cabinets. I'm thinking an off-white creamy color to match the oven, stove and dish washer with a brown stain to bring out the character of them. Oh, and some nice knobs as well.

I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck.