Here's a great recipe that you prepare the night before and bake the next morning. The Sunrise Breakfast Casserole is perfect for breakfast or brunch and for many occasions.
Sunrise Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Dean's "hot", but others will do)
- 9 eggs
- 3 c milk
- 1.5 t ground mustard
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 (20 ounce) packages of frozen hash browns (thawed in fridge)
- 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 c. diced green onions
- 2 c. salsa (optional)
How to make it
- Cook sausage in fry pan and drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the hash browns, cooked and drained sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper, and green onions.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Salsa