May 6, 2011

San Diego Part 1 - The US Grant Hotel

During Easter week, Mr. CHiPy and I went on a ten day spring break get-away to my home town in Southern California.  Ah, relaxation at last!

On day four of our vacay, and as a surprise, Mr. CHiPy took me to San Diego for a few days and we stayed at the recently renovated US Grant hotel located in the lively and historic Gaslamp Quarter (fun times!)


Check out our accommodations:


I l♥ved this room!  It was contemporary and featured stunning details.  My favorite feature was the custom Yves Clement drip-painting headboard above our bed.  It added a modern touch to the classic Empire-style furnishings. 

Here's a closer look at the drip-painting

Everything about this room spoke to me and my personal style.

(I think I feel a bedroom renovation coming on).