October 18, 2011

Freezing Jalapeno Peppers

I have an abundance of peppers from my garden. I knew I could freeze the green/red/yellow bell peppers because I've done it successfully many times.   What I didn't know was if the same could be said for jalapenos.
 Guess what? Jalapeno peppers can be frozen whole without a lot of prep work.

Here's how: Wash and thoroughly dry the pepper, and remove the stem. You can cut the pepper in half if you wish to remove the seeds and membrane, although this is not necessary. Place the jalapenos in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer, and allow the peppers to freeze over night. When frozen, transfer the jalapenos to a freezer storage container for future use.  That's it.

Now I'll have an instant supply for my Jalapeno Pepper Jelly.