October 11, 2011

Variation on The Great Pumpkin Dessert

Last year I blogged about one of my favorite fall desserts. 

THE original Great Pumpkin Dessert recipe is pretty fabulous but I didn't have a yellow cake mix or pecans.  What I did have was a spice cake mix and sliced almonds so I decided to mix it up a little and the result was so good that I had to share with my AMORRIS friends.

Variation on The Great Pumpkin Dessert
Serves 8-10

1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
1 12 fluid ounce can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 C white sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 package spice cake mix
3/4 C butter, melted
1-1/2 cups sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spice. Mix well and pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top, then drizzle with melted butter. Top with nuts. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

Serve warm with ice cream. Enjoy this little bit of Fall heaven