March 24, 2012

Dining Room Progress - Before & During


When Jeff and I married we had a mish-mash of his/hers furniture. With a little paint,it came together nicely but now the decor is out dated.  We've lived with it for 5 years and now I'm ready for a change.  It's time to update this area, lightening and brightening with as little money as possible.

Before:

 DURING So far I have painted over the burgundy wall, added slipcovers to 6 of the chairs, moved some furniture out of the room and added a cozy sectional for additional seating. 

 I'm looking for new floor length window coverings to update the area.  I like these from West Elm
Ikat Ogee Linen Window Panel - West Elm
 So that's where I'm at.  I'm also thinking about painting the frame on the gold mirror.  I'm just not sure what color.