TWD/BWJ: Lemon Loaf Cake

My 11 year old granddaughter came to visit during Spring Break and together she and I made this week's recipe from TWD/BWJ: Lemon Loaf Cake.

The weather was cold and rainy and by the time the cake was finished baking and cooling on the counter top, we had hail, thunder and lightening -


Reviews are mixed.  My husband, kids and granddaughters loved it and requested that I make it again.  My husband really liked the light lemony flavor and the pound cake texture.  On the other hand, I prefer a real zesty, lemony cake and I thought this one, although really good as a pound cake, didn't quite deliver as a Lemon Loaf Cake.  Next time I make this, I'll add lemon juice and make a lemon icing to drizzle over the top for that little something extra I crave.

Our hosts this week are Truc of Treats and Michelle of The Beauty of Life.  Check out their sites for the recipe and more results.


Pin It!
Tomato Thymes  – (April 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM)  

Great looking cake and super pics.

Lisa

Ei  – (April 17, 2012 at 3:17 PM)  

I wish the recipe had asked us to use the lemon juice. I have three sad, de-zested lemons sitting in my fridge, with no purpose in mind for them. I just can't throw them out. Sounds like most people in your house liked this cake. Hooray!

smarkies  – (April 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM)  

Looks like your family really enjoyed it. Well done!
Lovely pictures.

Gretchen Noelle  – (April 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM)  

This wasn't my favorite, but my husband devoured it! Nice photos!

Cathleen  – (April 19, 2012 at 7:31 AM)  

This cake definitely needed more zing!

Cher Rockwell  – (April 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM)  

Such a lovely helper :-)
I wanted this cake to be more lemony too...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP