April 17, 2012

TWD/BWJ: Lemon Loaf Cake

My 11 year old granddaughter came to visit during Spring Break and together she and I made this week's recipe from TWD/BWJ: Lemon Loaf Cake.

The weather was cold and rainy and by the time the cake was finished baking and cooling on the counter top, we had hail, thunder and lightening -


Reviews are mixed.  My husband, kids and granddaughters loved it and requested that I make it again.  My husband really liked the light lemony flavor and the pound cake texture.  On the other hand, I prefer a real zesty, lemony cake and I thought this one, although really good as a pound cake, didn't quite deliver as a Lemon Loaf Cake.  Next time I make this, I'll add lemon juice and make a lemon icing to drizzle over the top for that little something extra I crave.

Our hosts this week are Truc of Treats and Michelle of The Beauty of Life.  Check out their sites for the recipe and more results.