Kneader’s Peppermint Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 T milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350° and butter a 9"x13" baking dish.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave on high at 20-30 second intervals, stirring and repeating until melted. Cool slightly.
- Beat in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the baking dish and spread.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl beat the sugar, shortening, milk, and mint until fluffy.
- Add food coloring, if desired, and stir until a uniform color.
- Spread evenly over the cooled brownies.
- In a medium saucepan heat the chocolate chips and cream over medium heat,stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted. Pour over the frosted brownies and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Allow to chill then cut and serve.