May 22, 2009

Laundry Room Makeover

So I started with this. BEFORE:
 
White walls and pine cabinets and not much else except for AWESOME appliances that wash and dry 22 pairs of jeans at a time...you've seen the commercials, right? (I owe that much to Mr. CHiPy). So, I got me some paint...LOVE me some paint. Especially when Mr. Home Depot mixes up some look-alike Ralph Lauren paint called Cathedral Gray. I especially love that it's about 1/3 cheaper and the coverage is really quite good. So I painted. Two coats.
And ended up with this.
AFTER:

  • stole the rug from the guest bathroom from down the hall.
  • used an apothecary jar ($5.00) to hold my Tide and added a scoop I already had.
  • Added aromatherapy thingy that I got as a gift ($free)
  • black basket I already had ($free) - I was inspired by this
  • Hung pics on the wall that I've had for years and years that I made over with black spray paint ($free).
Total Cost: $11 for 1/2 gallon of paint and $5 apothecary jar. Not bad, eh? (By the way, those pine cabinets are next on my list for a makeover).