July 16, 2009

A Visit with Melanie & Mused Texture

Mr. CHiPy's sister came to visit us on Sunday afternoon. Her name is Melanie and she's amazing.

She's also an amazing seamstress and quilter and has a fabulous blog called Mused Texture. Check out her blog for a sampling of her work.

Here she is modeling a super cute jacket that she made in one of her classes. It's a gorgeous blue wool with the most wonderful silk lining...check this out.

It's like a wonderful surprise! It even has pockets. Most of all I love the green button on front. Too cute!

She also brought over a king sized quilt she made for her sister (and Mr. CHiPy's also) and I have to admit I. love. it.

I gushed over it so much that I think I embarrassed myself. I mean, just LOOK at it.

It's GORGEOUS! And the colors...Oh my heavens!

Here's a close-up of her work.

She takes all kinds of classes taught by trade professionals and she gets crazy about fabric the way I do about cooking.

We're good for each other that way.