September 4, 2009

Kitchen Updates....Again

It's a good thing Mr. CHiPy is so patient with me because I am driving myself crazy!! You know how it is right?? You get that feeling that things are just NOT working. That's how I've felt for the last month as I've tried to spend no money to update my kitchen and great room

I started with these freebie valances and ended up with a very sweet look. But it wasn't quite what I was looking for.

So I switched to this freebie valance from my fabric pile. But again, not quite what I was looking for. A little too formal and too dark. {but wait until you see how I used them in my master bedroom}

But then I saw these online at target.com for $14.99 and I fell in love. The fabric is so luxe and the pattern works perfectly with ALL of the colors in my house. Burgundy, Copper, Gold and Green.

This fabric makes my entire kitchen wake up and come alive. It ties in with my pine cabinets and makes them look so much better. And now I can finish painting the under cabinets in the burgundy and the upper walls in the sage green color [click on the picture and you can see my samples on the left} YES!

Here's a glimpse at the valances in the eating area.

I think they work great.

Now it's time to paint.

I know, I work kind of backwards. It's a problem I have.

I'm working on it.