September 7, 2009

Great Room Window - Before and After

Okay, so I've put up the kitchen and dining area valances, so now on to the great room.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

I decided to go with the same fabric in a 94" length. {yes, that is my glass of Diet Coke on the end table. Hey, a girl's gotta do whatta girl's gotta do. And I had a lot to do today}

I'm still not finished, but I'm getting there. I had to make a very important last minute decision: Finish putting up the curtain panels or go to the State Fair with Mr. CHiPy.

I decided on the State Fair. So my great room has only one panel up...hence the photo.

When we got home I did manage to makeover the fireplace with a collection of my apothecary jars and a couple of sweet birdies.

I'm thinking about painting the top shelf of the mantle black or staining it a dark mahogany to mimic wood.

What do you think so far?

I think I'm liking it.