December 17, 2009

Be Still My Soul...



It's been a whirlwind of nonstop activity here since November 21st when we celebrated an early Thanksgiving with the older kids.

Whew!

We've been on the road a lot since then, traveling to see my family in Southern California for Thanksgiving and then back again for my dad's illness. We were home only one day when Mr. CHiPy and I flew to Utah for 5 more days, returning this past Monday to our home.

While in Utah, Mr. CHiPy took me to Temple Square in Salt Lake City to show me the holiday lights for the very first time and to give us both a chance to be together without distractions.

And for the first time in a month my soul was still.

Absolutely still.

I was in awe of the beauty and sacredness of the SLC Temple at Christmas time.












It's so good to be home.