>> Friday, December 4, 2009 – Recipes
It's time for a treat. My friend Rhonda shared this recipe with me years and years ago. This is how she does it. The ingredients list is short and it is very easy to make.
- 24 oz. pkg. vanilla almond bark
- 2 c. mini marshmallows, white (I tried the colored ones once…they tasted too fruity)
- 2 c. Reese’s Puffs (chocolate and peanut butter cereal…shaped like Kix)
- 2 c. Rice Krispies
- 2 c. mixed nuts or peanuts
- 1 12-oz. package M&M mini baking bits, milk chocolate (to be added after the almond bark and other ingredients are mixed)
Melt the almond bark in the microwave on 50% power for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, till melted. Check with a fork. It holds its shape when melted. Don’t let any moisture get into it or it will clump. Stir until smooth.
Put all other ingredients, EXCEPT the M&Ms, in a large bowl and mix well. Pour melted almond bark over and stir till well coated. Work quickly. Add M&Ms and stir just to mix well. If stirred too long, the M&M colors begin to melt and run.
Turn out onto aluminum foil and quickly spread with a spatula or wooden spoon.
When cool, break into bite-size pieces and store in zippered storage bags or tins. It makes enough to fill one and a half one-gallon zippered bags.
Immediately plan to make more because this will be gobbled up in no time.
After three or four days, the marshmallows tend to harden. If I am shipping this to someone, or giving it as a gift to someone who may not eat it right away, I leave out the marshmallows and add some extra cereal to make up the difference in volume.