March 24, 2010

Stockpiling - Bread

My friend Susie turned me on to a great resource for discount bread right here in the Sacramento area. It's the Sara Lee Bakery - 916-681-8069 on Gerber Road. The bread is fresh and I pay only $.97 per loaf - which beats Entenmann's Bakery Outlet price of $1.97 and Costco's 2/$5 every time.

For $20 bucks I fed my freezer for the next 2 months. We love the Sara Lee Hearty Country White bread and the Hearty Buttermilk bread. In the picture below there are 10 loaves stocked away in the bottom drawer of my freezer.

I always grab a couple of loaves of Sara Lee's Thick Cut French Toast bread for weekend mornings when I make this for the kids. Also this month was something new...Ciabatta bread and at $2.50 for 8 rolls, it beats Costco's price of $4.99.  I stocked up on several packages.

I have always had great success freezing bread.  It doesn't stay that long in my freezer (max 2 months) so I don't have to worry about freezer burn.

It works for me.  Excellent quality bread at an excellent price.