May 4, 2010

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my "go to" recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I made a batch this morning as a thank you gift for a friend. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do around here.

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened, not melted
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips (I recommend milk chocolate chips)

Mix butter, shortening and sugars - do not over mix.  Add vanilla and eggs.  Sift together flour, salt and baking soda and add them to mixture.  Mix until combined and add chocolate chips.  I use a 1/4 cup cookie scoop and place 6 cookies on a silpat lined 1/2 sheet pan to make 4" cookies, but this recipe works for small cookies also. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.  Take them out of the oven when they are barely brown and remove cookies to a cooling rack.


Enjoy!