November 18, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Milkshake - Our New Thanksgiving Tradition

Contrary to the many dessert recipes that I post weekly on my Blog, I only make dessert for my family 1-2 times per week.

Honest. 

That doesn't mean my kids are happy about it.  They are constantly wanting to try out new recipes and old favorite desserts on a daily basis so today I indulged them and made this Pumpkin Pie Milkshake.  

After trying this for the first time, Mr. CHiPy declared that Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes will be a new Thanksgiving Tradition.  Oh Yeah.  Delish! 

Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
Recipe Adapted from Leigh Ann Wilkes
2 C vanilla ice cream
1 C milk
2 Tbsp sugar
1 large slice pumpkin pie, chopped and frozen (can be used unfrozen also)
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice

Combine ice cream, milk, sugar and spice in blender. Mix. Add in pumpkin pie, pulse to blend.  Optional:  Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.