November 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Place Setting Ideas on a Budget

Last night I was asked to share a few ideas about setting a Thanksgiving table on a budget. {The lighting was HARSH...not sure how to adjust my camera for that yet}

With the decorating talents and help of my two friends (THANKS DELLA AND STACY!), I set up three different Thanksgiving place setting ideasIt was fun to talk about deals I've found at different area thrift stores, dollar stores, and other area discounters.  The green pear place setting featured paper plates and cup, a dollar store placemat, a thrift store tablecloth, fresh fruit and glass containers from WalMart.  Easy and inexpensive. 

One of my favorite thrifty ideas is to use fruits and vegetables in my decorating.  Pears, pumpkins, and squash are plentiful this time of year.  

Whatever your budget is, whatever your style is, you CAN entertain your guests for less and do it beautifully.

Give it a try.