I changed up a couple of traditional Toffee recipes and came up with this version for Mr. CHiPy. He l♥ves white chocolate and salty cashews and oh man did this recipe turn out good! Cashew White Chocolate Toffee has a wonderful taste that compliments the salty cashews and sweet white chocolate. The nuts add crunch and savor, and the white chocolate ties it all together with a rich sweetness.
Cashew White Chocolate Toffee
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
2 cups salted cashews, chopped, divided use
6 oz white chocolate chips
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with silpat or aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the butter, sugar, water, and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook til light crack stage (285* on candy thermometer), stirring constantly.
3. Once at the proper temperature, remove the pan from the heat and add 1 cup of chopped cashews, reserving the remainder for later. Stir until well-combined.
4. Pour the candy onto the prepared baking sheet and spread to your desired thickness. Mr. CHiPy likes it thick - about 1/2" layer. Allow it to set at room temperature until completely hard.
5. Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
6. Spread the white chocolate on top of the toffee, spreading it into a smooth, even layer. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cashews and gently press down to adhere them to the chocolate. Refrigerate the toffee to set the chocolate, about 10 minutes.
7. Once set, remove from silpat or peel the foil from the back of the toffee. Break it into small irregular pieces by hand. If your house is fairly cool, Cashew White Chocolate Toffee can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. If it is fairly warm, it is best stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. For best taste and texture, serve at room temperature.