December 21, 2011

A little pre-holiday Holiday

I made a big mistake back in October that was really upsetting to me at the time. I had accidentally purchased a 4 day, 3 night stay in Lake Tahoe from Living Social and I had no one else to blame but myself.

Long story.  Let's just say I was distracted. Oh, and it's probably NOT a good idea to have previously stored your credit card information on a site like Living Social. Just sayin'.

I was bummed out because it was honestly a mistake and Living Social would not refund my money...it was one of those no refund kind of deals.

Double bummer.

Secretly I really wanted this deal but I knew with our crazy family schedule that we'd never get a time that would work for all of us to go.

It did get better though.

A lot better.

I called the resort to preview available days and low and behold they had 4 consecutive days that worked for most of us - miracle of miracles it was during the week of Christmas.  Hallelujah!

Here's a little bit of our pre-holiday Holiday.
Ice skating at Northstar Resort
Our seriously awesome accommodations - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a murphy bed in the living room, separate dining room and full kitchen - sweet!
Heavenly ski resort right outside of our hotel

South Lake Tahoe 

In front of the frozen waterfall and gondola at Heavenly Resort - 27degrees.  Brrrrr.


And yes, it was AWESOME!!  What a great way to kick-off Christmas break.

(we missed you Lexi!  See you soon!)