January 6, 2012

Orange Rolls - Easy and delicious

I love the color orange. It's been my favorite since I was a child when one of my brothers gave me one of his Hot Wheels.  Do kids still play with those?  Well, it was orange and it was a corvette!

That one act of kindness had a HUGE affect on me because corvette's are my dream car.  I wish that I had a real corvette.  An orange one, just like they used to have in the 70's.

Instead I have something different for you today...orange rolls!!  YUM!  and this recipe is easy and delicious. I think you will like a lot. Almost as much as I like orange corvettes.
Orange Rolls
Photo by Your Home Based Mom


Quick and Easy Orange Rolls

2 Tbsp butter, melted
12 frozen Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed
grated rind of one or two oranges
1/2 C sugar

Citrus Glaze:
1 C powdered sugar
1 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 tsp orange extract
Mix together until smooth


Thaw dough in the refrigerator over night or 2-3 hours prior to use. Cover with plastic wrap while thawing.
Grate orange rind and mix with sugar. Roll thawed roll in melted butter and then in sugar and rind mixture.
Place on greased cookie sheet or 9 x 13 pan. Cover with plastic wrap and allow rolls to double in size – approximately 1 hour. Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Let cool 5 minutes and frost with citrus glaze while warm.
Enjoy!