February 19, 2012

Luscious Lemon Bundt Cake

This is such an easy cake to make and the results are truly luscious and lemony.   I posted about this recipe back in May 2009 when I made over 100 mini lemon bundt cakes for my friends on Mother's Day.

Luscious Lemon Bundt Cake

1 pkg (18-1/4 ounces) lemon cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
3/4 c vegetable oil 
3/4 c warm tap water 
4 eggs 
1 pkg (3 ounces) lemon gelatin 
2 tsp lemon extract

On low speed, mix all ingredients together until combined and then for 2 minutes on medium speed.  Pour into greased and floured bundt pan (I use Baker's Joy).  Bake at 350 degrees for 37-42 minutes, depending on your oven.

Lemon Glaze:
 3 c. powdered sugar
 6 Tblp. lemon juice

While cake is still warm and using a skewer, poke holes about 1/2 way down the depth of the cake at even intervals. Spread with half of glaze. Once the glaze hardens, remove the cake from bundt pan,  flip over and do the same for the top using remaining glaze.