February 21, 2012

TWD: Chocolate Truffle Tartlets, er...Tart

Chocolate Truffle Tart - approved by 14 year old sons everywhere
TWD: Baking with Julia - Chocolate Truffle Tartlets - or in my case, Chocolate Truffle Tart

A few concerns about the ingredients called for in this recipe.  First, I can't eat bittersweet chocolate. It hurts my mouth and that's just wrong for chocolate to hurt this mouth - especially if I'm the one baking.  Second, no biscotti in the house...anywhere.  I think my 14 year old is to blame for that one. Third, no tartlett pans.

My substitutions worked really well:  I used semi-sweet chocolate chips in place of the bittersweet; Cinnamon Ritz Crackers (really!) in place of the 4 biscotti which added a flavorful crunch, and instead of tartlet pans, I used my 10" springform pan since the recipe had an option to use a 10" tart pan.

The results speak for themselves.  The tart is dense, chocolatey and totally over the top.  Exactly how we like things around here.

We have four hosts this week for TWD: Baking with Julia - check out their blogs for the recipe, tips and results Steph of A Whisk and a Spoon, Spike of Spike Bakes,  Jaime of Good Eats and Sweet Treats, and Jessica of Cookbookhabit.

Posted by Picasa