I think this is the best meatloaf recipe I have ever made. I adapted this one from Ree Drummond's The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I left off the bacon, substituted monterrey jack cheese for the parmesan, used dried parsley and my own version of Tomato Gravy.
The result is pretty fantastic.
>> Tuesday, February 28, 2012 – Recipes
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks
Makes 8 large servings
1 cup milk
6 bread slices
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, such as Lawry's
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup dried minced parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2-1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to soak in for several minutes.
3. Place the ground beef, milk -soaked bread, cheese, salt, seasoned salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the eggs.
4. Mix the ingredients until well combined.
5. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a sheet pan.
6. Make the tomato gravy. Pour the ketchup into a small mixing bowl. Add the mustard and apple cider vinegar and stir well.
7. Pour 1/3 of the tomato gravy over the top of the meatloaf.
8. Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another one-third of the remaining tomato gravy over the meatloaf. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
9. Serve with the remaining tomato gravy on the side as a dipping sauce.