February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday with Friends

 
Did you watch the football game on Sunday?  We watched along with our friends.  There's something about getting together on a weekend afternoon to enjoy good food and watch a great game.  

This year I experimented with a couple of ingredients...turnips and romanescue.  I put shredded turnips into my coleslaw recipe and blanched romanescue on the crudites platter.  Both were very, very good.

I also tried out a some new recipes I found on Pinterest -  Lemon Brownies and Diet Cherry Limeade - Sonic Style.  Yum!

Here's the low down:

What We Ate  
(it was a lot!)
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with coleslaw, tomatoes and dill pickles 
Crudites - romanescue, carrots, olives, gherkins and celery 
Jeff's Crab n' Shrimp dip with crackers
Deviled eggs
Fritos with cheese dip
Strawberry Fluff
Lemon brownies (Pinterest)
Brownie bites 
White Almond Texas Sheet Cake 
Diet Cherry Limeade - Sonic style (Pinterest) 

Recipes coming soon.