March 13, 2012

Frozen Vegetables = Marinara Sauce

I'm almost out of  homemade marinara sauce and that's a problem because we L♥VE to eat pasta around these parts.  Actually, let me clarify that statement.  My kids and I L♥VE to eat pasta around these parts.  My husband?  Not so much.

Time to make more - for the kids and me!

My recent freezer clean out yielded half of a freezer full of last summers' vegetable crop...as in LOADED with...tomatoes, zucchini, squash, celery, carrots, bell peppers and onions.

Today it's all defrosting on my counter top and tomorrow it all will be transformed into delicious marinara sauce.   I make a huge batch every spring and I fill my freezer with quart sized bags of the stuff.  You should try it sometime.  It's so worth the effort.

Love this recipe.  

 
Alrighty now, let the defrosting begin.