June 1, 2013

A Mothers Reflection - flashback to 2007

I look at this picture and I think about how much has changed in the past 6 years.

A new marriage for Jeff and I, a new home in Northern California, new schools, new friends, new church ward.   A new start for us all.

I think about the challenges.  The friends and family left behind in Southern California, missing our old home, the heartaches, disappointments, and challenges of starting over.

But then,my mind is flooded.

I think about the triumphs.  The victories.  The joys.

We have so much to be thankful for.  Our new extended family, middle school and high school graduations, Scout rank advancements, young women personal progress achievements,  my daughters' marriages, our new son-in-laws.

A new start for us all.

And my heart swells with gratitude!

It dawns on me that my babies are growing up!

And I realize that it's okay to feel happy...and a little sad too.

All at the same time.