June 16, 2009

Moss Ball Topiary Inspiration

I've wanted to make one of these for a while now. It's a Moss Ball Topiary.

img_0151

I like this A LOT and decided to make one for me.

I purchased my urn at the local Thrift Store for $4.00; styrofoam ball from Michaels $2.99, Rustoleum spray paint - Heirloom White that I already had; Moss sheet that I already had and my little pink glue gun and glue sticks that I've had FOREVER.


Here's the urn after I painted it with a light coat of Heirloom White...excellent coverage....excellent color.


And my trusty electronic knife works wonders on styrofoam.

See? Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Here's where I checked for the right fit.

Now it's time for moss. I love this stuff. Just clip and glue, clip and glue. Easy peasy.

See...a pretty moss ball.

And the finished moss ball topiary. I think I may paint it black like my inspiration and then distress it for an aged look.


The completed topiary stands about 15" tall and about 9" in diameter. The urn is really heavy and looks great. The more I look at it in my living room, the more I'm thinking distressed black. Hmmmm. I'll let you know.