July 12, 2009

Daytrip to Sonoma Wine Country - Gardens

Mr. CHiPy and I headed out for a day trip to Sonoma on Saturday. Sacramento is just a short 1-1/2 hour drive from Sonoma. And so worth every minute of it.

Especially when we were riding in a 1957 Thunderbird convertible.

Just kidding. But it was parked on the side of the road, and I really thought it would have been fun, don't you?

We did have a sweet ride though in Mr. CHiPy's CTS. Although it's not a convertible, it is very sporty....and fast. I like fast.

So today I went to Sonoma. With Mr. CHiPy. In our CTS. Without the kids.

It was HEAVEN!

Let me just say that Sonoma is absolutely GORGEOUS. It's hands down the prettiest countryside in California!

These are photos I took on Sonoma Highway - vineyards everywhere.

And I mean everywhere...as far as your eyes can see kind of everywhere.

Our first stop was at the Chateau St. Jean.


The fountains were lovely and refreshing and the gardens were beautiful.

Here is part of the Chateau.

Mr. CHiPy dared me to climb the stairs to the top of the turret where that white door is, and I really wanted too, but we couldn't find a way in and there wasn't a person to be found to ask. Darn. That would have been fun.

We really enjoyed the flowers - aren't these Black-eyed Susan's just divine!






We drove on and passed more vineyards. I tell you they're everywhere in Sonoma.

Stay tuned for Part II - The Ledson.