We made this one...
TOO Much Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a heavy saucepan, heat cream until boiling. Remove from the heat and pour cream over chocolate chips. Stir until well blended.
- For a pourable ganache, cool until mixture is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Pour over cake, allowing some to flow down the edges to completely coat. Spread ganache with a spatula if necessary to evenly coat, working quickly before it thickens. Chill until set.
- For spreadable ganache, chill until mixture reaches a spreadable consistency. Spread over cake. Chill until set.
Hey Mr. CHiPy...do you want a piece of cake?