Easy Lasagna Casserole
Yield: Two 9x13 pans or one very full 10x15 pan (pictured above)
2 lbs ground beef
1 - 48 oz jar spaghetti sauce (I used the homemade sauce we canned from our garden tomatoes)
2 T sugar
2 - 12 oz packages small shells - or any other type of pasta you may have on hand.
2 T butter
1 t onion salt
1 t garlic salt
1 16 oz container small curd cottage cheese
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
1 -12 oz pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet brown your meat. Add the spaghetti sauce and sugar to the meat and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. While the sauce is just a simmering away get busy cooking your noodles to "al dente".
3. When the noodles are done, drain them, place them in a large bowl and toss with the butter, salts, cottage cheese and parmesan cheese.
4. In each pan layer sauce, noodles, sauce and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.