September 1, 2010

Family and Snail Mail

I live about 6-1/2 hours from my side of the family. That would include my mom, my nine brothers and sister-n-laws, and all of my many adorable nieces and nephews...I think there are about 50 of us all together?

I miss them. I really miss them.

It's hard living in Northern California when your side of the family is in Southern California.  I don't get to see them enough.  But thankfully there are family blogs and email and Facebook and other types of social media that keep us connected.

But then there are  the my side of the family Aunts and Uncle who don't have blogs or do email or Facebook or other social media.  They like to talk on the phone and they send snail mail.  Good old fashion mail.

Meet my mom's brother and sisters (except Aunt June who passed away last year).


Aunt Phyllis, Mom, Uncle Butch, Aunt Peggy and Aunt Sue.  They are dyed in the wool southerners (like me), except they still live in the south.  Well, all of them except for mom.  She's in Southern California.   I love them.  Recently Aunt Peggy sent me some snail mail and included some of her favorite recipes.  Aunt Phyllis did the same but Aunt Sue says she's going to send her recipes by email.   Mom said she's going to try to send hers by email but that one of my brothers will need to come over and help her with that.

I can't wait.  My aunts are amazing cooks and bakers and my uncle is a master gardener.  I think my talents have stemmed from them.  Hopefully I'll have all those recipes here soon so I can share with you.

It's good to be back.  Happy September 1st.