February 19, 2011

The BEST M&M Cookies

I love THIS chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's my favorite of all those I've tried over the years because (a) the cookies taste fantastic and (b) I can make them large (4") or small (2") and they turn out delicious every single time.
4" Cookie created  by using 1/2 cup cookie scoop

Today, however I was craving M&M's...really, really craving M&M's - good thing they are on sale for 50% off at most stores.  I brilliantly decided to substitute them into my recipe.  I did increase the baking time from 11 minutes to 14 minutes so if you have made my original recipe before, just be aware of this slight adaptation.

The result is delicious.  Just ask Mr. CHiPy or my stepson, or my son or my daughters.  They liked them a lot!

The BEST M&M Cookies
Makes 10-4" cookies or 20-2" cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened, not melted
1/2 cup shortening (butter flavor works fine too)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups M&M's (1 bag)

Mix butter, shortening and sugars - do not over mix.  Add vanilla and eggs.  Sift together flour, salt and baking soda and add them to mixture.  Mix until combined and add chocolate chips.  I use a 1/2 cup cookie scoop and place 6 cookies on a lined 1/2 sheet pan to make 4" cookies, but this recipe works for small cookies also. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.  Take them out of the oven when they are barely brown and remove cookies to a cooling rack.



ENJOY!