August 19, 2011

My Little Garden keeps chugging along

I call this my little giving garden for obvious reasons.

My canning to do list:

  • Dill pickles (recipe HERE)
  • Marinara sauce with fresh tomatoes, squash, bell peppers and onions (recipe HERE)
  • Jalapeno pepper jelly (recipe coming soon!)
My freezer stock-up to do list:

  • I'm going to try something new.  I saw it on Food Network this morning -it's called Frozen Vegetable Seasoning Blend and apparently you find it in the frozen vegetable isle of your local grocery store near frozen potatoes??  It's a combination of diced onions, celery, parsley, and red/green bell peppers all diced the same size and you add it to savory recipes for extra flavor.  Who would have thought?  I keep all of these things in my freezer separately.  I never thought to combine them together.
Okay friends, any other ideas?  What are you canning this summer?  Are you storing anything in your freezer?