TWD/BWJ - Hungarian Shortbread

Around 8pm tonight I finally had time to make this week's Tuesdays with Dorie - Baking with Julia recipe.   Recipe's need to be posted by midnight, so I'm just squeaking by with enough time for a short post about this amazing recipe.

Today's  recipe is Hungarian Shortbread. The recipe calls for a Rhubarb filling.  I was pretty excited about that because I had several jars of my Strawberry-Rhubarb preserves  in my pantry left over from last summer's crop.

I loved that the dough in this recipe is frozen for 30 minutes and then shredded with a box grater...yes, a box grater.  Ha!   I got a kick out of that one.

Here's my little pictorial run down...

It's now late Tuesday night and my kitchen smells so good! I cannot wait for my shortbread to cool  so I can devour a piece before I go to bed.

For the recipe, please visit our hosts this week:  Lynette of 1 small kitchen and Cher of the not so exciting adventures of a dabbler.

Goodnight!
 


Pin It!
loavesandstitches  – (May 2, 2012 at 5:16 AM)  

You jam and shortbread look delish! I can't wait until rhubarb comes into season here. We are down to our last jar of strawberry rhubarb jam and I hate to open it until I know I can make more!

thedoubletroublekitchen.com  – (May 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM)  

So jealous that you had strawberry rhubarb jam all ready to go. I have to get on the ball with the canning stuff. Beautiful pictures. The cake looks delish!

Cher Rockwell  – (May 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM)  

I love your collage of pictures.
I pillaged my store of strawberry-rhubarb jam as well :-)
Great job & thanks for baking along this week.

Teresa  – (May 14, 2012 at 4:57 AM)  

Nice photos! We could hardly wait for ours to cool, as well.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP