May 1, 2012

TWD/BWJ - Hungarian Shortbread

Around 8pm tonight I finally had time to make this week's Tuesdays with Dorie - Baking with Julia recipe.   Recipe's need to be posted by midnight, so I'm just squeaking by with enough time for a short post about this amazing recipe.

Today's  recipe is Hungarian Shortbread. The recipe calls for a Rhubarb filling.  I was pretty excited about that because I had several jars of my Strawberry-Rhubarb preserves  in my pantry left over from last summer's crop.

I loved that the dough in this recipe is frozen for 30 minutes and then shredded with a box grater...yes, a box grater.  Ha!   I got a kick out of that one.

Here's my little pictorial run down...
It's now late Tuesday night and my kitchen smells so good! I cannot wait for my shortbread to cool  so I can devour a piece before I go to bed.

For the recipe, please visit our hosts this week:  Lynette of 1 small kitchen and Cher of the not so exciting adventures of a dabbler.

Goodnight!