May 15, 2012

TWD/BWJ: Pecan Sticky Buns {Hello Butter!}

Hands down this is my favorite recipe (so far) from the Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking with Julia group.

I was a bit anxious making these Pecan Sticky Buns as I've never baked with so. much. butter. in a single recipe before and I wasn't sure what to expect.   Worries aside, the dough was easy to work with during the refrigeration and freezer process and rose beautifully each of the three times required in the brioche and bun recipes.  Although time consuming, I thought the end results speak for themselves...buttery, caramelly and sticky!

These were a hit at my house!  One pan full of buns for my family and the other shared by my daughter and six of her friends. 

I will definitely make this recipe again.

For recipe and results from other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers, please visits our hosts Lynn at eat drink man woman dogs cat and Nicole at Cookies on Friday