May 14, 2012

Nothin Bundt Cakes - My version of the chocolate chocolate chip bundt

Happy Monday!
Did you have a wonderful Mother's Day?
I sure did.  I love being surrounded by my friends and family.  We also celebrated  four birthdays.

This is the birthday cake I made for my family members.  It's a Nothin Bundt Cakes copycat recipe. This year I decided to copy the signature cream cheese frosting on top of the ganache along with a flower.  I think it turned out great!


My husband was SO impressed with the way I made that white chocolate flower in the center...hahahahah.  When he found out that it was just a rose from my garden, he was stunned!  He seriously thought I had made it out of chocolate.  And here I thought he was impressed with my piping skills.

Oh, and the piping part is easy.  Use an extra large round tip - start from the sides of the cake and pipe towards the center.  Stagger each row all the way around.  Fill the center with any left over icing and add a pretty flower on top to complete the look.

I've written about this cake several times before. It's our very favorite chocolate cake.

Link for the cake and chocolate ganache

Link for the cream cheese frosting 

Super delish.

Enjoy!