November 30, 2012

Reception Appetizers and Wedding Cakes

It's been one week since Lexi and Sam's wedding and I've finally got a few pictures of the Reception that I took in between meeting with guests.

Lexi wanted a non-traditional wedding cake.  She chose my Nothin' Bundt Cakes copycat versions (click on name for links) of Chocolate-Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Raspberry,  and Luscious Lemon - 2 each.  The center cake was drenched in ganache and topped with cream cheese frosting...yum!  At the last minute we realized that we didn't have the wedding topper, so we improvised and made a cute little banner.  Mr & Mrs.  It turned out really cute!

The reception was held at 2pm so we decided on an appetizer buffet.  Included on the menu were spicy meatballs, tortilla roll-ups, crudites of every kind, cheeses, crackers, fruit and cookies.

 I received a lot of compliments on the cakes and the food so I would call the event a great success.