August 2, 2009

Alabama - Antiques

Down the street from my aunt Phyllis' home is this wonderful antique shop...

Beverly is a lovely lady and she graciously allowed me to take photos of her wonderful furnishings. Her shop is often featured in Victoria magazine. Take for instance this dresser/mirror and accessories right here...

See the magazine on the chair...here's a close up...

It's the July/August issue of Victoria. Notice the familiar setting on the right?
And look at this plate hanger and the lovely blue plates. I love this.

Another favorite of mine was all of the apothecary jars featured throughout the shop.

I love the little apples...

And look at the colors of these...there's a large cloche hidden in the mix that I was really tempted to purchase.

This room gave me so many ideas. The frames were just beautiful and I really like how they are displayed all together.

But what took my breath away were the tin trays. I counted at least six in the shop. Here's one...

And here's another...

Gorgeous antique tin trays. Prices started at $325.

I was so excited about these trays because just days before my trip, I went to my favorite thrift store and saw something very similar but could not justify the $20 price tag! Now I was just sick that I didn't purchase it when I had the chance and I was 3,000 miles closer. Now what?

Stay tuned as a phone call to Mr. CHiPy saves the day!

p.s. Happy Birthday Little-big girl!